CapeInfo’s Smarter Living Project started off to determine what one really needs to go off the electrical grid — is it as expensive as people say or, if one adapts one’s lifestyle, is it affordable or… even cheaper. Off-the-grid in this case meant no external electric sources at all — no Eskom, no municipal connection. Continue reading
While household dependence on power utilities like Eskom is becoming a thing of the past as more and more households turn to solar energy, the end of oil companies as we know them is also on the cards.
Nothing highlighted this more than one news service in the past week:
- Norway Electric Car Sales Grow 71% In 2015
- Germany Electric Car Market Grew 86% In 2015
- Electric Car Sales = 22% Of Car Sales In Netherlands In December 2015
- Europe Electric Car Sales Reached 1.24% Of Car Sales In 2015
- China Electric Car Sales Increased 223% In 2015
The last half of 2015 saw the tipping point where electric cars are becoming mainstream, in spite of oil prices being at record lows. And with China leading the way, it’s a trend no-one can ignore. Billions is being spent on new battery technologies. And how long before an Apple iCar becomes the new “must-have”?