Located on the embankment of the lake St Lucia in a tranquil garden setting away from the town noise but close enough to walk to the restaurants etc. Relax and experience sun beach and forest all in 1 day. Get close to nature in this still unspoilt heritage area that we share with wildlife.
We offer self-catering holiday accommodation, with owner family living on property. Units are standard, comfortable, no-nonsense, very well equipped, clean and neat. We have 3 joined garden chalet units and 1 affordable (budget type) flatlet unit. All opening windows and doors have insect netting protection.
The small coastal small town St Lucia is uniquely surrounded by a World Heritage Site, the iSimangaliso Wetland Park which makes it an ideal base to experience our unspoilt natural heritage in one of the oldest, most diverse reserves in the world. Watch the sun rise over the sea and set over the lake in one day. Experience a game drive, snorkel/swim in the sea, birding, fishing, a boat trip on the lake and short walking trails in a nature reserve from here or just relax and enjoy the sunshine, clean air and tropical forest smells and sounds.
We are located in the main street away from the busy noisy town centre, still within walking distance to shops etc. Units are set in a natural tranquil garden on the banks of the St Lucia Lake. All units have access to the garden lake area via a communal path through the premises. Units have no view of the lake. You can enjoy the front garden view of the lake, relax on a lounger chair under the trees or cool down in the swimming pool. We have own garden bird list. We provide lots of information and map of this area. The garden is visited by Vervet monkeys, Banded mongoose, Tree squirrels, buck, insects etc. and we try to maintain a healthy food chain by using environmentally friendly products and practices.
All units are equipped as follows:
· Beds with bedding (sheets, blanket, bedspread) and bath towels
· Cutlery, crockery, pot & pans and cooking utensils
· Stove (with oven), microwave, Fridge, Toaster and Kettle
· Dishtowel and dishcloth and dishwashing liquid
· 1 parking bay per unit under roof cover
· Once daily cleaning service
· Money Box Safe
· Own braai facility with grid and garden furniture outside unit
Our Garden Chalet Units
3 Adjoining units, ground level, 1 unit with 1 bedroom and 2 units with 2 bedrooms each. Units have own (1) bathroom and an open plan kitchen-dining-lounge area. Face brick walls inside and out, ceramic tiled floors, carpeted bedrooms and extra high pine ceilings. Single bed bedroom has an aircon and every other room an oscillating fan. The patio sliding door in lounge opens onto own garden area with a patch of grass separated by plants for some privacy. Bathroom has bath, separate shower, basin and toilet. Dining area has dining table with chairs, lounge chairs and 2 single beds. Fully equipped kitchen area and back door to washing line.
Extras: Coffee plunger, Satellite Television (Channels- Mnet, Movie 1-8, all sports, sabc , e-tv)
This unit is part of the original house, converted into a flatlet with some old original fittings. The entrance has the only door with 6 steps which lead into the open dining lounge area with tv (Selected dstv channels as above). To the left is the bathroom with shower, toilet, and basin and the kitchen. The bedroom and lounge have a ceiling fan each. The only bedroom has 1 d/bed and 2 single bunker beds. Lounge dining area has 2 single stack beds, dining table and lounge chairs. This flatlet is next to the swimming pool with a scattered view of the lake. Communal path leads past the entrance. This unit has windows all around.
Extras: Coffee plunger, Satellite Television (Channels- Mnet, Movie 1-8, all sports, sabc , e-tv & some extras)
What to bring to St Lucia Wilds
· Food, all toiletries, Insect repellent, sunscreen cream,
· Swimming towels, snorkle gear
· Emergency light (torch)
· Wood / charcoal and blitz
Outdoor Activities and Things to do
· Boat Cruises on the lake, about 2 hours (children too)
· Bicycle tours (bring own or rent)
· Fishing – Deep Sea, Surf, Rock, Lake, Fly and drop shot
· Hiking & walking trails ( self or guided)
· Game Watching ( Hluhluwe/Imfolozi Game Reserve, uMkhuze Game Reserve, Wetland Park)
· Horse Rides (Beach and/or Bush)
· Kayaking on the lake – guided only
· Kayak fishing in the sea (especially at Cape Vidal) must have own kayak
· Night Drives (into Wetland Park 8-11pm guided only)
· Turtle Tours (Nov – Feb)
· Visit Cape Vidal/Mission Rocks – Picnic /snorkel /game drive/ fishing/birding / hiking with guide
· Whale Watching (June - November)
· Zulu Culture tours, activities
· Read a book, sleep late, relax, have a braai.
· Swimming in the sea or swimming pool
- Water: Use bottled water for drinking, municipal water is not so safe.
- Climate: Sub-tropical, very humid summers, warm winters, all year rainfall peak in summer.
- Malaria: no risk area (non-drug measurements recommended). Season starts October, peaks Feb/Mar, ends May. Drug related precaution is your choice and responsibility.
- Permits: Ensure you have the necessary documents for activities that require permits on your person. You are responsible to familiarise yourself with sizes, bag limits and specific activity areas park rules and regulations.
- Swimming: Beaches are unprotected, no shark nets, no lifeguards. Lots of rip currents and strong side currents.
- We are surrounded by wild animals and share their living space. We do not just kill poisonous or dangerous wild visitors to our property, we rather use this opportunity to educate or relocate.
Facilities in town
- Laundromats, Post Office, Police station
- Pharmacy (Drug Store), Medical doctor,
- Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Liquor stores, Take Away
- Butchery in supermarkets, Supermarket shops, Hardware, Hairdresser, Beauty Salon Nelique,
- Curios, Fruit Market, Clothes, Bait & Tackle Shops, Photo Shop, internet Café,
- Petrol (Gas) Station, Out-door shop with Books, Stationery & business centre Shop,
- Banks: FNB open normal working hours.
- Bank teller Machines: ABSA, FNB, Nedbank, Standard Bank
- Check with your provider for 3G, GPRS etc. reception here, wi-fi at specific points.
General Conditions of Stay
- We charge a refundable key & breakage fee of R200.00 per unit that will only be refunded after a unit has been checked. Should you depart early, make arrangement in time.
- Reservation will automatically be cancelled if the deposit payment is not received by due date.
- No persons other than those quoted for are permitted to share accommodation and facilities. Children are counted as part of persons per unit, no extra mattresses/beds.
- All units are Non-Smoking as required by law.
- No day or over-night visitors are allowed on the premises.
- Children must be supervised at tree house and swimming pool by an adult.
- Operate airconditioner unit as requested, manager checks at any time.
- The following will not be allowed on the premises:
o Plastic wheel bikes/trikes, skateboards, noisy toys, ketties, toy guns, any type of fireworks or crackers, bicycles.
o Quad bikes or motorised toys.
o Loudness unruly and drunken behaviour.
No groups, no teambuilding and no parties allowed here.
31 days and longer before arrival date - full refund less R50.00 admin fee and commissions apid
16-30 days before arrival - 50% of deposit received less commissions paid
15 days and less before arrival - NO REFUND *
No Arrival / Early Departure / Arrive with Pets – NO REFUND
*(A Refund will be considered when the period cancelled was filled again. The refund will be calculated pro-rata for days filled, less R50.00 admin fee and commissions paid. Payment will happen after period cancelled passed.)
Check – In/Arrival time: 13h00 – 18h00 (please advise us of later arrival as the reception close) NO ACCESS TO UNIT BEFORE 1PM
Chech-Out/Departure time: 10h00 (extra day tariff will be charged for late departure)
Low/Out season: per person per night (minimum rate applicable).
High/In season: per unit per night (Inland/Coastal School Holidays and Long Weekends).
Special Season: per unit per night (Easter, mid Dec – mid Jan).
Minimum stay 2 nights out-season, 3 night long weekends, on req other holidays.