Private Game Lodge to enjoy piece and quiteness with tranquillity and intrigue, a true retreat, an opportunity to loose oneself in an ancient landscape without foregoing any of the pleasures of being in a top rated lodge anywhere in Africa – personal service, well-appointed accommodation, good food, great service, good internet reception, and most of all, an opportunity to spend a few nights in an environment unlike anything else.
This magical property surrounded by crimson hills known as Enon Conglomerate Formations and we offers wide open spaces, peace and calmness. Once you have turned off at the sign that says Zwartberg View Mountain Lodge and you have gone through the gate, you enter a world of tranquillity and intrigue. You get the sense that this is a place to relax and have fun, without getting too serious about life.
You will not get the feeling that you have walked into "just another lodge" because of the personal touches and detail, and because nothing is out of place but somehow seems to fit
Some of the features:
Swimming pool, Free parking, Free WIFI, Restaurant, non-smoking rooms, Tea/coffee, aircons in all the chalets, panelheaters and or fireplace.
Then we can offer the following activities:
- Heritage Walk: It is a 4-hour excursion of which there is a short game drive and a 2km walk to explore the Khoisan wall paintings, in the cheetah camp, while learning about the bush and animal tracks etc
- Elephant experience : It is a 30min excursion ,where you get change to feed the Elephants while getting beautiful photos with them.
- Game drive: It is a 2-hour excursion, and you have the choice for early in the morning, the afternoon or at night.
- We have Star gazing
- We can do horse-riding
- Guide tour in the field, while bird watching or learning more about the plants etc
- Walking with the giraffes
- Doing a beer tasting
- Explore the Swartberg Mountain pass and visiting Prins Albert, Klaarstroom, and Meiringspoort Waterfall
- Do and Olive tasting and visiting and Olive farm
- Visiting a working Ostrich farm
- Visiting the famous Cango Caves
- Springbok: can sleep two people (king-size or two single beds)
- Nguni : can sleep two people (king-size or two single beds)
- Orax : can sleep two people (king-size or two single beds)
- Zebra : can sleep two people (king-size or two single beds) as well as two children on a bunkbed
- Kudu : is a two-bedroom chalet and can sleep two people (king-size or two single beds), in each room