Check out bird's eye view on Farr Out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMdOSFsA5h0
Looking for something different?
Farr Out Guesthouse (4 star graded), located on the outskirts of Paternoster on the smallholdings in the Fynbos, not only offers peace and tranquility with its 4 guestrooms but also unique experiences such as staying in a Wigwam or star gazing in a different way in an outdoor wood-fired Hot Tub or going for tailor made Beach Buggy Safaris with accredited Tour Guide Deon van Schalkwyk.
SALUTE AT COMFORTING FARR OUT GUESTHOUSE / PATERNOSTER
Farr Out is welcoming you, the individual traveller, who is seeking peace, calmness and laidback affordable unique accommodation surrounded by Fynbos and wildlife close to Cape Columbine Nature Reserve and the breath-taking beach in a short distance (a few minutes' drive). Farr Out is located at the outskirts of Paternoster, the small charming fishermen village on the South African West Coast less than two hours' drive from Cape Town. It is a relaxed country getaway, close enough for a weekend break but distant enough from the hustle and bustle of hectic city life.
Get ready for an unforgettable experience amongst Mother Nature's treasures: sense the Fynbos' unique fragrances, get a whiff of the ocean's salty air, observe the small FIVE, wake up to the bird calls in the morning and keep an ear out for the owl at night or simply catch a glimpse of the vanishing point of the wild ocean.
Your soul will become one with you (again) whether you treat yourself to a wellness package in our unique wood-fired Hot Tub to revitalise, pamper yourself to a Healing Touch massage, let the wind play with your hair on a tailor-made Beach Buggy Safari or just chill in a curious corner with an open book.
Let your life essence unwind and slow down. You will be rewarded as your lifeforce will be recharged and you are ready for the outer world again.
Choose between four elegant, luxury tastefully furnished guest rooms and exciting glamping adventure Wigwam Rising Moon to make your stay comfortable and unforgettable.
- White Mussel is a north facing airy double bedroom (queen-size bed) at ground level of the East Wing with spectacular sea views which can be enjoyed from a private terrace.
- Black Mussel is an east facing spacious double bedroom (king-size bed, can be converted into 2 single beds) at ground level of the East Wing. Fynbos will amaze your eyes from a private patio.
- Oyster is a north facing overwhelming double bedroom (queen-size bed) at the top floor of the East Wing. Stunning sea views are inviting for a sundowner on the private patio.
- Perlemoen is an east facing fresh double bedroom (2 single beds, can be converted into kin size bed) well-known for its stunning sunrises at the top level of the East Wing. Only available as annexure to Oyster Room, perfect for family/friends.
- Experience the American Apache way of accommodation: Stay in rustic but luxurious tepee-tent "Wigwam Rising Moon", situeated amongst the Fynbos a little bit away from the main house. Snuggle up in a comfortable octagonal bed and listen to the sounds of nature's nightlife and do some stargazing at the same time (Skylight window).
All rooms have:
- Own entrance (except Perlemoen)
- En-suite bathroom with spacious shower
- Ceiling fan in White Mussel and Oyster
- Standing fan in Wigwam Rising Moon
- Safe (except Perlemoen)
- HiFi (except Perlemoen and Wigwam Rising Moon)
- TV (except Perlemoen and Wigwam Rising Moon)
- Bed linen
- Beach towels
- Mini bar-fridge (except Perlemoen)
- Coffee/tea facilities
- Braai equipment on request
- Alarm system
- Ample parking
- Private patio (except Perlemoen)
- Non-smoking bedrooms
A fabulous breakfast (Continental breakfast during the week, English breakfast on weekends) and a selection of complimentary beverages on arrival are included the rate. Daily room service (Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays) is provided.
The perfect spot to experience peace and quietness surrounded by nature with breathtaking views onto Paternoster village and its endless beach where the past and present meet. A birdwatchers "must to be" with its 225 different species. A huge floral variety of plants offer a colourful flower carpet in spring.
Stunning indigenous wild-flower-carpets between July and October - bird lovers can discuss 225 different species - last manned lighthouse in Tietiesbaai / Cape Columbine Nature Reserve nearby - 8 kilometer unspoiled white sandy beach - playful dolphins and Southern Right whales in season - adventurous Beach Buggy trips along the coastline - Wigwam braai - and and and....
Have fun at Farr Out!
English, Afrikaans and German spoken.