Come and enjoy a quiet time in the beautiful bushveld surroundings at Spendpenny Guest Farm. Enjoy lovely sunsets, bush braais, game drives, fishing, hiking and sundowners next to the Elands River. It is situated between Koster and Swartruggens and is about 180km from Pretoria and Joahnnesburg
The property consists of a newly built farm house with 4 en-suite bedrooms, kitchen, lounge, large verandas, a guest toilet and a lovely fireplace for the cold winter evenings. A separate bungalow has one en-suite bedroom, a guest toilet, a kitchenette and a very large lounge, which can also be used for conferences/teambuildings. There is also a large bush kitchen with a bread oven, potjie facilities and a braai area.
- Guided game drives through the game farm which houses a large variety of wildlife.
- Late afternoon rides with sundowners to experience the sunset
- Hunting opportunities during the hunting season
- Fishing opportunities on a variety of dams on the farm.
- A wide variety of birds for bird watchers
- Tree lovers will enjoy the wide variety of trees. The SA Dendrological Society, for example, recorded the largest white stinkwood tree in Southern Africa on Doornpoort.
- Hiking trails through breathtaking scenery
- Mountain bike trails through various parts of the farm.
- Access to the unique nearby Castle pub
- Historical routes dating from before the Anglo-Boer War. The road followed by Sir Jameson during his infamous Jameson Raid runs right through the farm (the Rosmincol Road)
- Bush braai under the starry sky on the banks of the Elands River