TLOUWANA GUESTHOUSE AT A GLANCE
The name Tlouwana is the local Setswana name for a “young elephant”, As we are located in the richest square miles of concentrated elephant population in Africa, this unique Elephant and wildlife safari experience make every minute spent traveling worthwhile. Tlouwana Guesthouse is owner and run and managed, and is aimed at the affordable luxury travel markets across the world, offering great value for money and a unique classical safari experience will appeal to the novice safari guest as well as to the seasoned safari traveller.
Tlouwana guesthouse is a couple owned and run situated in Lesoma northern Botswana, overlooking the Matetsi reserve with all your needs in one place to explore the Chobe region. Conveniently located close to Kasane international airport and a 20-minute drive to the entrance of the Chobe National Park, Kasane town, Zambia and Zimbabwe borders.
The house is built in A MODERN COUNTRY style, en-suite bathrooms and living areas, not forgetting the patio with a view between the large Jackal berry and Wisteria trees.
WHERE IS TLOUWANA GUESTHOUSE LOCATED?
Situated in the game rich Chobe area in Lesoma valley known for its huge abundant elephant herds. The Chobe National park located on the doorstep and guided wildlife activities are part of an everyday lifestyle when staying with us.
INCLUDED IN OUR RATES?
- A self-catering rate for the house
- Serviced daily
- Local rates and taxes
EXCLUDED IN THE RATE.
- All items of a personal nature
- Any transfers to and from the Guesthouse
- Food and drink
FACILITIES AVAILABLE AT TLOUWANA GUESTHOUSE
- Swimming Pool, with loungers
- Library and Wi-Fi internet access
- Jogging track
- Game drives
- Boat cruises
- Cultural bicycle tours
GETTING TO TLOUWANA GUESTHOUSE
Access to Tlouwana is by land and Air or One can self-drive alternatively.
- • Tlouwana is a 20 - 25 minute drive from the following points, Kasane Airport, Kasane Town, Zimbabwe and Zambia border posts.
Self-drives to get to camp, but do recommend a 4x4 vehicle getting there.
- • GPS Coordinates S17*34’04.10” E 25*14’15.93”
NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION
- A modern style house with 3 rooms and 2 bathrooms and lounge kitchen and patio.
- All ages welcome
NOTES ABOUT SHARING AND CHILDREN:
- Children aged 5 years and younger stay free, children 5-17 yrs pay standard child rate (50% of adult sharing rate). Children 18+ yrs pay full adult rate.
- One child and one adult in standard luxury tent pay adult + child rate.
WHAT TO DO
- • Afternoon game drives into Chobe National Park
- • Walking (guide dependant and time of year)
- • Morning boat cruises into Chobe National Park
- • Game viewing from the comfort of your own tent
- • Catch up on some reading, and relaxing at the pool
- • Visits to the local community of Lesoma Valley Village
- • Because Botswana is a malaria area, precautions are recommended. All travellers coming from or going through countries which have been declared yellow fever infected areas must provide an international health certificate of vaccination for yellow fever upon arrival into Botswana.
- • The water in camp is safe to drink, but mineral water will be supplied.
- • Tlouwana has 220V 50hz 24 hour plug points in all the rooms which can be used to charge batteries, sleep apnoea machines, hair dryers and kettles.
- • There is no Wi-Fi in the house but Wi-Fi can be accessed in the public reception.
- • No children under 12 allowed to participate in Walking activities.
WHAT TO PACK? Clothing on safari should be comfortable and colours should blend in with nature as much as possible. Beige, greens, browns, tan and khaki coloured clothing is advisable. Evening dress is ‘smart casual’, no formal wear required.
- • Layers – the best way to dress on safari, due to fluctuating temperatures. We recommend cotton. Long sleeves and trousers will protect from both sun and insects.
- • Fleece/warm sweater or warm jacket for morning and evening game drives
- • Hat – broad brimmed for protection against the sun.
- • Sunglasses – dark ones to cut the glare.
- • Light cotton shirts and T-shirts; Blouses or shirts
- • Shorts, trousers and longs
- • Shoes – good, comfortable sturdy closed shoes/boots and socks for walking.
- • Flip flops/thongs for use on the Victoria falls day trip.
- • Sunblock, insect repellent and lip salve.
- • Binoculars – each person should have their own so as not to miss out on any sightings. • Camera with spare batteries, memory sticks, film, and the correct charging apparatus.
A deposit of 100 % will secure and confirm your booking, Cancellations made 90 days in advance - 70% of payment paid, 90- 30 days in advance- 50% of payment paid. Cancellations made less than 30 days in advance- no refund of payment paid. Applicable to full or part cancellations.Sustainability Champion
As a lodge owner and an African wildlife enthusiast, with years of experience of guiding, it was only deemed necessary that all of my establishments are eco friendly.