What’s it all about?
In Your Own Write is where anyone can contribute to the thoughts and views published on CapeInfo. In this blog, we will publish one-off contributions by anyone with original ideas. We will invite people with interesting points of view but you can submit your own too. Yes, we are inspired by Mail & Guardian’s really excellent Thoughtleader blogs, but our focus is on destinations, tourism, hospitality and services, which all amounts to branding, doesn’t it?
We looking for thought-provoking articles that generate interaction and vibrant discussion
There are a few rules:
- No contributions that advertise companies, businesses, services or such will be accepted.
- We want your knowledgeable personal views and arguments. Try not to be just a spokesperson for your organisation or company. So, no press releases, thank you.
- Stick to debating the issues and respect other people’s views and beliefs.
- Contributions launching personal attacks or that are hurtful and insulting will not be accepted.
- Contributions that contain racist, sexist or homophobic remarks won’t be considered.
- There is a difference between criticism and unreasonable attacks. Motivate your comments and explain your arguments, and make sure your contribution represents fair comment.
So you have something to contribute…
Most people ask how long it can be. There are no fixed rules on length. If it’s compelling, we’ll use it all. We do reserve the right to edit anything submitted. Around 700 words is a good maximum length, but then sometimes you can have more impact if you keep it down to 350 words.
You can submit images for inclusion. We’ll decide whether we can use them.
Double and triple check your submission before sending it to us. It’s a good idea to get someone else to read it too. The mind often reads what it thought it said.
Include your full name as well as a short paragraph about who you are and why you wrote your contribution. We welcome your pic too.
Email your contribution to