Nomndeni de la Changuion is an Antique Historical Mansion. Build in the Victorian era in the 19th Century, this exquisite establishment oozes with history, and charm. Our original Oregon-pine floors have recently been meticulously restored, and our double-volume, hand-made pressed-ceilings, contribute to a sensation of true luxury living.
Nomndeni de la Changuion, of which all 7 guest-bedrooms and suites are opulently furnished, dressed with the finest of pure cotton linens hand-picked by the owner himself. Tastefully personalised with elegant decorative touches gracefully flowing into the fully restored exquisite sale-de-bains (ensuite bathrooms).
The blend of antique and modern-classic furniture create an intimate and stylish chic of this Mansion.
Every guest-room/ suite has:
- Beds with a ***** star rating from SATOUR( only the best will do)
- Inviting sofa or voluptuous chaise longue
- Funky chair and luxurious desk.
As you would expect, all guest-rooms and suites are fitted with:
- High-speed ADSL Wi-Fi Internet
- A bouquet of 35 local and international satellite channels
- The focus is on relaxed, peaceful and a calming environment.
Each room is furnished and decorated in a theme, stylish, in an inspirational manner.
We have 3 levels of accommodation:
- Luxury Suites
- Executive Rooms
- Comfort Rooms
Nomndeni de la Changuion is situated in the hip and trendy suburb of Melville in Johannesburg, within walking distance from the 'famous' 7th street. This Street is renowned for its street cafes, restaurants, night-spots, art galleries, gift boutiques and antique shops. Melville is known as the "Montmartre" of Johannesburg.
We are centrally located:A few meters from the well known Service Station and Bamboo.
- Close to main roads that lead to Parkhurt, Sandton, Rosebank, Cresta and the City Centre.
- Close to Hospitals and Clinics like Garden City Clinic, Milpark Hospital, Parklane Clinic and Netcare Rehab.
- Close to Universities like UJ and Wits.
Our lounge has a cosy fireplace for our guests to warm up and enjoy a drink after a long day at work. We offer a private dining area, where our guests can enjoy their traditional breakfast. Lunch and Supper are available on request. Our discreet, personalised service and impeccable standards, assures our guests of a truly unforgettable experience.
We have a peaceful rose garden where guests can switch off from the hustle and bustle of the city live and enjoy a moment of peace and tranquillity.