Swellendam Country Lodge is an established place to stay and to explore this beautiful part of South Africa. The comfortable garden rooms all have private patio's for you to ejoy a glass of local wine. The lodge has a secluded swimming pool and a large exotic garden full of fruit trees that is home to many birds. The Guest House has many repeat visitors and it is a recommended place-to-stay in various travel guides.
Swellendam Country Lodge is a well-liked base to explore this beautiful part of South Africa. But it is also a perfect place to unwind, a place to discover and enjoy. The Guest House has many repeat visitors and it is a recommended place-to-stay in various travel guides.
The guest rooms are situated in a beautiful landscaped garden where you will enjoy the wide range of birds, trees, fruit and flowers. Each room has a private entrance and veranda, fan, mini bar, HD Smart satellite TV etc, and quality beds with pure cotton linen. On warm summer days, the large sparkling swimming pool is a refreshment not to be missed. A generous breakfast is served outside on the veranda of the Guest House, or indoors near the fireplace on winter mornings. Parking is on the property. Free wireless internet. English, Afrikaans, German, Dutch spoken.
For lunch or dinner you can stroll to the terrace of one of the restaurants next door. Other excellent restaurants and shops are nearby. Nature parks, museum, wine tasting route, golf, horse riding, and a variety of interesting day trips to choose from.
- Four-Star Guest House - Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.
- Superior Quality - Automobile Association South Africa.
- Luxury / Great Comfort - Portfolio Collection, benchmark of the best.
- In 'Eye Catchers - selected spots in & around the Overberg': "Don't miss out on this spot....".
- Recommended in the 'Rough Guide South Africa': "...elegant, uncluttered decor in muted hues."