Centrally located accommodation in Green Point Village on the North facing slope of Signal Hill, Braeside House has two comfortable apartments, both self-catering. Central Cape Town's proximity makes this accommodation in Green Point an ideal choice for the business traveller.
The fully furnished, luxurious self-catering accommodation in Cape Town can each sleep 2 to 4 guests with a cosy, flexible configuration. They can also be combined to accommodate parties of up to 8 guests. Situated on the first and second floors, we are well secured for your peace of mind.
From the panoramic windows of your self-catering accommodation, Green Point sights are laid out in front of you, including Robben Island and the New Cape Town stadium. These windows receive full sun all day. A back balcony/courtyard provides a shaded area where guests can dine alfresco beneath the slopes of Signal hill.
The location is an ideal base from which to explore the many attractions of Cape Town. Self-catering and with all modern conveniences incorporated into a traditional Victorian house, your stay will be one of easy comfort and enjoyment.
The recently fully renovated apartments, located in a Victorian guesthouse in Green Point Village, can sleep up to 4 guests each, or they can be combined to accommodate parties of up to 8 guests.
At the back there is a private balcony/courtyard looking up towards Signal Hill, a National Park. At the front there are panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean, Robben Island, Green Point Common and the new Stadium in Cape Town. Guest house accommodation with this much charm and style is rare.
The loft apartment:
- Open plan, but with distinct living, dining and kitchen areas. The whole apartment has Oregon pine ceilings and new pine flooring
- A double bedroom with ocean views that can be configured with either twin beds or a king-sized bed
- A 'drop down' queen sized bed (not a sofa bed!) in the living area
- Walk-in closet off the main living area, behind the 'drop down' bed
- Bathroom with separate bath, a shower area and under-floor heating
- Fully fitted and equipped kitchen area with breakfast counter and a small dishwasher
- Dining area with seating for six
- Your own, partly shaded balcony with 'al fresco' dining for four
- Air conditioning provides both cooling and heating
- A concealed washing/drying machine
The main apartment:
- Open plan, but with distinct living and dining areas and a separate kitchen
- The apartment has 4 metre high wooden ceilings and pine flooring
- Two twin-bedded rooms, each with an en-suite bathroom with separate bath and shower, twin hand basins and heated towel rail or under-floor heating
- The living area and the master bedroom have big, antique style ceiling fans which provide ample cooling during hot weather. The master bedroom also has a working Victorian fireplace
- The dining table comfortably seats ten
- A large, fully equipped kitchen with a breakfast table that seats four
- A separate scullery with dish washer plus washing and drying machines
- The secure courtyard has a dining area that seats six
Both apartments feature the following:
- Flat screen TV with subscription satellite channels
- Free wireless broadband
- Fully automatic coffee machine
- Twice weekly cleaning service
- The proprietor and the housekeeper live on the premises
- Well lit off street parking
- Separate entrances just off the main front door, giving added security
- Personal safe
- The property has a security alarm system
Minimum stay - 3 nights
The open staircase makes the loft apartment unsuitable for young children. No age restriction for the main apartment
Braeside House is located in the picturesque Green Point Village, a short distance from the centre of Cape Town on the Atlantic Seaboard of the Cape Peninsula.
The area is well served with numerous good restaurants, coffee bars and food outlets.
Within 2 minutes walk is Clyde Grocers convenience store and Gran's Coffee Shoppe - which serves an excellent breakfast.
Down the hill on Main Road, within 10 minutes walk towards the centre of Cape Town, is:
- Ultra Liquors - 122 Main Road
- The Post Office - 107 Main Road
- The Hussar Grill
- Woolworths convenience store
- Benkai Sushi - Paramount Place, +27214394918
- The ever popular Giovanni's Deliworld - 103 Main Road, +27214346893 - which serves great Italian coffee
- Mario's Italian Restaurant - 89 Main Road, +27214396644 - the longest established restaurant in the area
- A 7 day Hypermed Pharmacy - Corner of York & Main Road
- Doppio Zero - 81 Main Road, +27214349581 - a bakery, bar and restaurant
- El Burro Mexican Restaurant - 81 Main Road, +27214332364
- Eighteenhunded Grill Room & Bar
- Hudsons on Somerset - Corner of Somerset & Portswood Rd, +27214331496 - a bar and burger joint
- Vida e Caffe
- Mano's Portugese Restaurant
You should be aware that the return walk from Main Road up to Braeside Road is quite steep.
Braeside House overlooks the Green Point Common, which now hosts the magnificent new Cape Town Stadium, a 10 minute walk away. Next to the stadium is a 24hr McDonalds. The Common also boasts several other sporting activities:
- Metropolitan Golf Club, Fritz Sonnenberg Road, Mouille Point +27214347808
- Proshop: +27214349582
- Green Point Lawn Tennis Club, Vlaenberg St, +27214349527
- Virgin Active Health Club
Beyond the Greenpoint Common is the Moulie Point Esplanade and lighthouse with a number of restaurants on Beach Road overlooking the esplanade and the Atlantic Ocean:
- Theo's Grill - New Cumberland Building, 163 Beach Road, +27214393494
- Cafe Neo - 129 Beach Rd (opposite the lighthouse), +27214330849
- Sotano Wine Bar - 121 Beach Road, +27214248154
- Newport Deli
- Wakame Restaurant
- Pepenero Restaurant Terrace & Sushi Bar
- The Grand Cafe & Beach
To the East of Moulie Point, a 5 minute drive from Braeside House, is The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront - with extensive shopping, restaurants, the ferry to Robben Island - and other attractions.
To the West of Moulie Point is the adjoining suburb of Sea Point with several supermarkets, more restaurants and an open air swimming pool.
Beyond Sea Point are the famous and popular beaches at Clifton and Camps Bay, a 15 minute drive.
To the South of Braeside House is Signal Hill - and behind that, Lions Head (suitable for paragliding) and Table Mountain. All three are National Parks. A drive to the Cable Car to take you up Table Mountain takes 10 minutes.