An awesome little private cottage very close to the CBD with 2 Queen bedrooms kitted with Egyptian cotton linen. Free WIFI in all rooms. LED tv with full satellite/cable package. Kitchen includes all tools that you may need to whip up a gourmet meal.
The house is a newly renovated Cape Dutch style 2 bedroom cottage. Opening the red door leads you into a long passage way with 2 large bedrooms each with a queen size bed. This leads into the lounge area where you will find a 40inch LED TV with full satellite channel package, so if you a sport lover you're sorted. The lounge flows into the Kitchen area which is kitted out with all appliances you would need whilst on holiday including a clothes washer. Make use of the Herb wall to compliment your master chef skills. The bathroom comes with a great pressured shower. Small back area for chilling, there is also a charcoal or wood barbecue that guests can make use of.
Guests will have their own keys for the property.
You will also have access to the back patio which includes the charcoal barbecue
Interaction with Guests
This is entirely up to you, we are always available for any questions or information that you may need.
Walmer Estate is just 2km from Cape Town city centre and was historically a close-knit family owned neighbourhood but is slowly being transformed into an Urban Yuppie environment, close to shops, restaurants, markets and public transport. Safe, secure and private.
There are 5 restaurants within 1km of the house.
• Jamaica-me-Crazy with good value Caribbean food is an awesome place for chilling with friends and grabbing a cold one. They have a good selection of craft beers available.
• Frangipani Restaurant. Great prices, good food and a must for breakfast with the daily paper.
• Woodstock Lounge, sports bar meets Woodstock vibe. Good pizzas and tapas
• Chandani Indian restaurant. Top quality Indian food with great decor
• Salsibury Deli, trendy
For picking up odds and ends visit 1 of the local corner cafes within 1km of the house
• Coronation bazaar, open 7am to 6pm, 7 days a week, but closed Friday for Lunch.( Islam praying time).
• Latvan Store
• The Spar supermarket (Similar to Tescos or ASDA or Publix)
• Bottle/Liquor store open till 7pm (next to KFC on corner of Roodebloem and Main road. Closed Sunday
• ATM's : One at coronation bazaar, 1 at the spar and 1 at Sheriff local cafe
3 minutes by car into the city or 10 minutes with public transport. House is only 200m from the My Citi Bus route and we have even taken the liberty of getting some of the My Citi bus cards which you can use. Just top up at the coronation bazaar. Uber is probably the best mode of private transport - if you not already signed up with uber, ask me for a free uber signup code which will get you 1 free ride. Distances and approximate Uber X fares from the house to Cape Town's top attractions and Airport:
Cape Town Airport - 18km - R131-R174
V&A Waterfront - 6km - R54 - R72
Cape Town central - 2.7km - R27 - R35
University of Cape Town - 4km - R55 - R65
The Old Biscuit Mill - 1.7km - R26 - R34
Kirstenbosch Gardens - 9km - R76 - R101
Grandwest Casino - 16km - R116 - R154
Table mountain cableway - 8km - R73 -R97
Mzolis place - 15.6km - R112 - R148
Stellenbosch wine route - 50km - R309 - R411
* Uber X fares are just an indication and depends on demand at the time. Use it as a guide
Other Things to Note
MOD CONS. Washing Machine, Fridge and Freezer, Electric Oven, electric Hob, Electric Geyser ( Geyser = Boiler). No Air-con (electric fan only) or Cloths drier (Cape Town climate & retractable washing line only). There is also a set of Dunlop Pro series golf clubs that guests can make use of to hit the driving range or one of many golf courses in the city. Security in Walmer Estate and South Africa. We have burglar bars on all windows and security gates on all doors. In my 37 years here, I have never had a burglary at my home.
When visiting South Africa, always be aware of your surroundings and the people in your vicinity.
Cars park in the street, so you guessed it, there is no off street parking or garage. Just dont leave your brand new apple IPAD laying in full view of prying eyes and you will be fine.