We offer luxury self-catering accommodation in the centre of town.
Montagu Four Seasons consists of three units, all of which are fully equipped and two of them can accommodate up to four people. The third one, is for a couple only. The apartments are within walking distance from our famous historical monuments (museums) and a wide range of old architectural buildings as well as Restaurants. The units are situated under a big old oak tree where you can relax and enjoy the fresh air and the peace and quiet that this village offers in abundance and where the birds will wake you in the morning.
- The units are fully equipped, each unit has two bedrooms and accommodate up to 4 people. Linen, towels soap, shampoo and hairdryers are also provided.
- At night the self-catering complex is secure and there is safe parking for vehicles. Cars are accommodated under shaded parking.
- Guests are welcome to have a braai. Each cottage has its own braai facilities, wood and all braai equipment is supplied
- Guests are welcome to enjoy the splashpool, which is solar heated and very private.
- The units have very well equipped kitchens, with all modern appliances: kettle, microwave, oven, stove, fridge, pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, roof fans, wall heaters, radio, iron and ironing board, etc
- On arrival quests are welcomed with fresh fruit, milk in the fridge, and fresh rusks, coffee, tea, sugar and even a bottle of muscadel or a bottle of ice cold white wine.
- Rooms are tastefully decorated and there is a tv with Mnet in the lounge.
- No children under the age of 10 years.
- 4 people per unit
- No pets allowed
- The units are smoke free, quests are welcome to smoke outside the units
- No loud music is allowed on the premises
- Check-out time 10h00, check in time 14h00
- No one night bookings over a weekend
- Montagu is well-known for its famous Montagu Hot Springs.
- The Montagu Tractor Trip to the summit of the Langeberg Mountains.
- Nature walks and Birdwatching : The famous Leidam with its large variety of indigenous birds, situated in the heart of the town at the north-westerly corner of Barry and Bath Streets.
- Wine tasting at the wine cellars in the area.
- Game Reserve 60 minutes' drive from the lodge
- Hiking Trails N.B. Firm shoes essential, warm clothes, water & food!
- Rock climbing
- Fishing, mountain biking Boat cruises, historical and herb Museums, 4X4 Game drives
- Arts & Crafts and a must is the Saturday Market opposite the Montagu info
- Visit the Montagu dried Fruit factory.
- A Walk along the famous Long street with unique, historical buildings.
- Quad biking and horse riding
- Golf and Tennis
Montagu is a charming, historic village, nestled between two mountain ranges. It is halfway between Cape Town to Oudtshoorn and the famous Garden Route.
The town is ideally situated for exploration of the Breede River Valley and a visit to the wine cellars, including wine tasting.
From Cape Town you go on the Cape Route 62 that will take you along the longest wine route in the Western Cape, that meanders through the wine lands between Cape Town to Montagu, about 200 km away.
Montagu is the perfect place to be, with its Crystal clear air, beautiful mountains and superb Climate and plenty to do.
Montagu Four Seasons is the perfect place to stay for a breakaway from the busy city life.