Our cellar and wine brand is proud to pay homage to and re-live the origin of our village, Hermanuspietersfontein, as it was first named in 1855.
Our passion and commitment is to produce wines of the highest quality and to add value to the reputation which Hermanus enjoys as a premium wine-producing region.
What makes us Different?
- The only cellar in South Africa to use only Afrikaans labels.
- We're the wine cellar with the longest Afrikaans name in the world.
- The first BWI Champion wine farm in the Walker Bay Wine District.
- Founders of cool climate, premium wine-producing Sondagskloof Wine Ward.
- Swartskaap, recognised as the best wine in its category for 4 years running.
- The first wine cellar in South Africa to introduce a Saturday Food and Wine Market.
- Our popular Food and Wine Market receives up to 2000 visitors on a Saturday.
- The cellar yard is the largest open air events venue in the Overberg
- Finish line of annual Houwhoek Mountain Bike Tour - largest sporting event in the region.
- We restored the original name given to our village in1855 –Hermanuspietersfontein.
Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 17:00,
Saturday 09:00 - 16:00
Saturday Food & Wine Market from 09:00-13:00
Sundays: 10:30 - 15:00 (between 15 December - 15 January only)
Easter Friday and Monday 10:30-15:00
Closed on 01 January and 25 & 26 December