Our lovely stone self-catering Mosaic Cottages, on the Hermanus Lagoon, are surrounded by milkwood trees and fynbos gardens, and perfect for families to enjoy plenty of space, activities and time together. Each has a unique layout and occupancy ranges from a cottage sleeping 9 guests, to the smallest sleeping two guests. The Mosaic Cottages have been built in an environmentally-friendly way with stone from Mosaic, and natural finishes. All have kitchen facilities, indoor fireplaces, outdoor patios and BBQs, and are serviced daily.
Mosaic Cottages are next door to Lagoon Cafe’ in the historic 1892 Spookhuis on a different part of the reserve than the Lagoon Lodge. The Spookhuis is one of the original area homesteads, and was restored by the Johnson Family in 2008. At an additional cost, food can be catered for your Mosaic Cottage – pre-order breakfast baskets, dinner dishes and BBQ platters. Lagoon Café offers lunch, homemade baked goods, preserves, chutney, desserts and organic vegetables from our garden. You can enjoy gourmet picnics under milkwood trees on the edge of the Lagoon, or indoors around roaring fires if there is a chill in the air. Wine can be selected from our cellar and a full bar is available. With the owners being from Tennessee we have a collection of unique Jack Daniels.
*NEW* Now serving Southern Style BBQ from our own smoker! Recipes inspired from Tennessee and Texas (pulled pork, beef brisket and chicken – menu changes), mixed with spices and homemade bread from Southern Africa. Vegetables are gathered daily from our organic garden and roasted or put into salads. Come get a taste of Two Souths!
A boule court at the Spookhuis provides hours of outdoor fun, and exciting activities can also be booked: quad biking, boat cruises, beach fun, kayaking, guided nature walks.
What makes MOSAIC Private Sanctuary so special? 3 km of frontage on the Hermanus Lagoon, Mosaic expands to a secluded part of the pristine Walker Bay Beach and Nature Reserve, the best place in the world for whale watching. Daytime fun varies from quad biking, kayaking and beach excursions for the more active to relaxing lagoon cruises, bird watching, wine tastings and sundowners in special places with panoramic views.Activities at MOSAIC
• SPA: Massage & skin therapies with Rain Africa spa products. Manicure & pedicure with OPI polish or gel polish.
• SPA: Elemis BIOTEC Facials *NEW*
• 4x4 Beach excursions (whale watching in season)
• Boat cruises on the Hermanus Lagoon
• Kayaking on the Hermanus Lagoon
• Quad bike excursions exploring magnificent flora, birds and lagoon wetlands.
• Guided bird watching and nature trails
• Fat Bikes & Mountain Bikes *NEW*
• Archeological cave tour at the beach
• Wine Tasting at Springfontein Wine Estate next door
• 1892 Spookhuis - boules court, library, movies/sports/games/puzzles
• Boat based whale watching & Marine Big 5 Eco Tour
• Whale watchign and scenic tour by plane
• Shark cage diving
• Wine tasting - Walker Bay Wine Region
• Sea kayaking in Hermanus
• Helicopter transfer to/from MOSAIC
• Horseback riding
• Hang gliding