On the Hermanus Lagoon, Mosaic is a family friendly, bird watching paradise with space to enjoy outdoor activities, mountain views and lake views. Catered breakfast baskets and dinner dishes are availble or guests can self-cater. Lunch and food and beverage supplies are available from the Lagoon Cafe' next door. Each cottage has a unique layout and occupancies range from a cottage sleeping two guests to the largest sleeping nine. The cottages have been built in an environmentally-friendly way with stone from Mosaic and natural finishes. A beautuful pool overlooks the lagoon and mountains and all have kitchen facilities, patios, indoor fireplaces, outdoor fire pits and BBQs.
Mosaic Cottages are next door to Lagoon Cafe’ in the historic 1892 Spookhuis. The Spookhuis is one of the original area homesteads, and was restored by the Johnson Family in 2008. Lunch is served daily and breakfast baskets, dinner dishes and BBQ platters can be ordered and delivered to your cottage. Homemade baked goods, preserves, chutney, desserts and organic vegetables from Mosaic's garden are also availble. Picnics are enjoyed under milkwood trees on the edge of the lagoon, or indoors around roaring fires if there is a chill in the air. Wine can be selected from the cellar and craft beer and a full bar are on offer.
What makes Mosaic Cottages so special? With lake frontage on the Hermanus Lagoon, Mosaic expands to a secluded part of the pristine Walker Bay Beach and Nature Reserve, the best place in the world for whale watching. Daytime adventure is found in the outdoor activities on offer including guided quad bike trips, kayaking, SUP (stand up paddleboarding) mountain and fat bike rentals and hiking. A secluded part of the gorgeous Walker Bay Beach can be reached by bike, hiking or 4x4 vehicle.
Activities at MOSAIC
• MILKWOOD SPA: Massage & skin therapies with Kalahari products, ELEMIS BIOTEC facials and manicures/pedicures available at Lagoon Lodge at Mosaic.
• Kayaking on the Hermanus Lagoon
• Guided quad bike excursions exploring magnificent flora, birds and lagoon wetlands.
• Bird watching and nature trails
• Fat Bike & Mountain Bike rentals
• 1892 Spookhuis - Lagoon Cafe', library, movies/sports/games/puzzles
• Boat based whale watching & Marine Big 5 Eco Tour
• Whale watching and scenic tour by plane
• Shark cage diving
• Wine tasting - Springfontein Wine Estate (next door), Walker Bay Wine Region & Hemel-en-Aarde Wine Valley
• Sea kayaking in Hermanus
• Helicopter transfer to/from MOSAIC
• Horseback riding